Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sangmo in a Turtleneck

November 30th, 2010
I ran errands and worked on the computer at Starbucks, coincidentally running into a fellow Yonsei GSIS Korean Studies graduate while I was there.

I had 상모 sangmo class in the evening. They’d had the chance to have KTV come there, too, but there had been some hold up or other, something about the facility not being ready for guests, an excuse I didn’t understand on the phone but when I arrived half the practice room was full of flower hats in the process of being assembled. We had a particularly small class, just two others until near the end 림한 Rimhan showed up, too. 이종회 Yi Jonghui was there to teach us, and we continued to work on different steps and sogo beats while spinning, he says I’m getting more natural in my motions, and I certainly worked hard! I’d forgotten a t-shirt and was wearing a turtleneck and fairly thick pants (my new black 한복 hanbok pants) and I was soaked with sweat from the practice—it was an extreme work out. Jonghui has taken to telling me (since I’ve always got something wrong with my freaking health) “I don’t know how you feel, but you can take a break if you need it.” That’s sweet (he says it at least 3-4 times a class at times other students would be scolded for resting) but… well… I’m stubborn. But I overdid it. Or didn’t cool down properly.

Cell photo:

No comments: