Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chushyeoyo Performance (again)

December 3rd, 2010
On Friday evening I headed to the Korean National University of the Arts (KNUA) again because 허창열 Heo Changyeol had invited me to come see 추셔요 Chushyeoyo. Yes, you know I’ve already seen it (and so did he) but I went again, with Karjam this time, and I’m really glad that I did. The performance is pretty raw and fresh, the performers are obviously having fun, and seeing it the second time I found more details and depth in the performance than I did the first time. Honestly the first time I saw it I was freezing to death sitting outside with a wind kicking up, seeing it inside in a hall heated to a reasonable temperature was much better. One odd thing, though, was that I noticed the music much less than I had the first time. I don’t know if they changed something, or not.

I am planning to (and have begun) write a real review of this performance, potentially to submit for publication. Perhaps I’ll post any early draft here for some comments.

No comments: