Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sangmo Class at 2pm

December 14th, 2010
Ran around all day. I went to Severance Hospital –again- because my ear infection has flared into pain again. I got a new ear doctor because my regular guy wasn’t in and this guy thinks I need to stop with the ear drops and let the inside of my ear dry out. Got a cable at the electronics market.

Starting at 2 I had an early 상모 sangmo class. These days it’s only 현석 Hyeonseok and I in the class, and we were both able to come at 2, but 이종휘 Yi Jonghui was not going to be able to teach us at the normal time so we rescheduled. Since Hyeonseok is having his final exams now, school ends around noon (after exams in the morning). Karjam came to class and videotaped the entire thing. For some reason I felt camera shy. Weird! I continued to work on movement and 소고 sogo movement/drumming while spinning the sangmo, but I felt a little uncoordinated.

Mom, brother Zack, sister-in-law Irene and niece Juniper’s holiday package arrived. We got awesome hand-made cards from Juniper and a new drawing for our refrigerator. Some great clothes from Ibex, Karjam got a book for a computer program and I got this amazing handmade quilted vest from my mom! There are even some stuffed socks left over for next week!

Since I had the evening free we went to the movies and saw the new Narnia film in 4D (3D plus moving chairs which even poke your butt and back! Mist and wind that spray on you and even scented air, Karjam commented that we’d better go home and wash our faces). It was heavy-handed with the Christianity compared to what I remember from the books. Not a very good movie, actually, if it wasn’t for the 4D aspect I would have been bored. Karjam fell asleep.

In other news it seems I have scheduled three weeks of January (2nd, 3rd and 4th) to be out of town practicing first 임실필봉농악 Imshil Pilbong Nongak for a week and then 고성오광대 Goseong Ogwangdae for two weeks.

December 15th, 2010
I met up with Jenny and Shannon in the morning as I’m trying to organize a dissertation writing support group. We had coffee and talked for a LONG time. Shannon drove me home.

No comments: