Thursday, August 12, 2010

Randomness

August 12th, 2010

I don’t know why it bugs me, but a list of the best TV shows of all time seems to be forgetting many good shows. Best TV, no particular order: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Dead Like Me, Six Feet Under, True Blood, Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, Firefly… good enough of a list for now.

Went to the Yongsan Terminal Electronics Market to buy a voice recorder – got the most expensive one. They kept trying to show me cheap ones, I almost had to fight to be shown good stuff. I got one from a Korean company that has after-sale service, or A/S, in the same building—I’ll know where to take it if there’s a problem. It records in STEREO!!! And has different modes for when in a performance v. interviewing v. a meeting. Oh, and 4 GB of memory without adding a memory card.

Shopped in 남대문 Namdaemun with Sarah, got chopsticks and spoons, bowls and a mosquito net tent which will allow Karjam to happily NOT kill mosquitoes and still sleep (he refuses to kill mosquitoes). Yes, there are lots of mosquitoes. They’re eating me alive.

Had dinner with 회정 Hoijeong/Hoijung, my best Korean girlfriend. She decided (she’s Christian) that God sent me to Korea to kick her ass (into gear so that she accomplishes various goals). Met 경진 Gyeongjin, and one of her friends, we had a very amusing conversation about the voice recorder. It speaks very polite Korean (yes, it speaks) which I pointed out. Then Gyeongjin’s pal started riffing on what it would say if it spoke in less polite Korean. “You a fool? What are you doing? Not that! Just turn it off!” Well, it was funny in Korean. Karjam arrives tomorrow.

No comments: