Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainy Songpa Sandae Noli

March 20th, 2011
Even though I was really happy to wake-up with Karjam (heck, I was so conscious of being in bed with him I didn't sleep soundly because I have like 15 distinct memories of pulling myself right up next to him again) by the time I got to 송파산대놀이 Songpa Sandae Noli practice I was a bit out of sorts. Or maybe it was the fact that I got on the bus on time but still had to transfer to the subway because the Seoul Marathon had closed off the street. I was the first to arrive because the marathon was screwing with everything except subway transport. I stood shivering just out of the rain and practiced the dialogue for Act 3 until finally 김영숙 Kim Yeongsuk showed up and unlocked the door. By that time two of the three college girls had shown up and the other one didn't come today. We went inside but 강차욱 Gang Cha'uk who was slated to teach us didn't show up until 11:15 (and then had to change clothes) since he had been stuck driving in detoured circles. So I was rather thoroughly pissy and Gang Cha'uk picked up on it, as did Kim Yeongsuk but I couldn't get out of that headspace even though Gang Cha'uk is an amazing teacher.

He is an amazing teacher. I took a lot of notes when we had a short break. Had lunch with Gang Cha'uk, Kim Yeongsuk and National Human Treasure Kim Hakseok.

Spent a lot of the rest of the day at Chans Bros working on the computer.

No comments: