Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hanbok Two

I promised I'd write again about Hanbok (Korean clothing). Here I am, finally getting around to it. This post should be read in the context of this post.  Basically, I want to encourage everyday and casual incorporation of hanbok into your wardrobe. Hanbok works fine as an accompaniment to jeans, there is no reason to think of it as formal wear. Here are two photos of me wearing jeans with hanbok tops.

Yep, I should have spent more time ironing that one! But I've had it for about 15 years now, a testimony to the quality construction of many hanbok.
In addition to modeling another hanbok top + jeans combination in this photo, I am modeling my new glasses. I got a new prescription for the first time in 12 years, and my eyes had changed a lot, but it's been a cash-strapped fall so I didn't get the new glasses until the other day. What do you think? I couldn't see what they looked like on me, of course, so... well, they look much like other glasses I own.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love your new glasses!