Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Pose in Bongsan Costume

May 23rd, 2011
Karjam had his second day in the studio today. At 3:50 I headed to the Intangible Cultural Assets Training Center where –finally- both Jan and Joji showed up, then we took photos for an article on 봉산탈춤 Bongsan Talchum. Of course it sucks that to get some press foreign faces needed to be trotted out. On the other hand 김은주 Kim Eunju had grabbed specifically the costume for monk #3, which is the one I really really have made my own. They took photos of me in the costume and hopefully someday those can be useful for me to have (if they ever send them to me).
Just a cell phone photo, for now

I had dinner with Joji (Jan was too busy) and then class. Class was good, 11 people including 원중 Wonjung when he finally showed up halfway through class. We started learning the dance of grandmother, finally. 하연 has brought a co-worker to class, she'll only be coming on Mondays.

May 24th, 2011
Sangmo class was cancelled (not sure why) and hopefully will be rescheduled. Without class looming in my schedule instead I got tons of writing done into the evening. I even had a mini-breakthrough (Bonnie started me thinking about something a couple months ago and it jelled into a way to write one section of the dissertation when I was reading this book chapter by Moon Okpyo. 

No comments: