Friday, June 3, 2011

Still Recording Karjam's CD

June 1st, 2011
Karjam had another long day in the studio, but he essentially finished his part of the CD. In the evening we were so exhausted we had lunch in a restaurant before we made it home.

June 2nd, 2011
I had a surprising experience today. 허창열 Heo Changyeol had invited me to a critique forum for 광대 The Gwangdae's latest production, 홀림 낚시 Hollim Nakkshi. I thought that a critique forum sounded unlikely and pictured The Gwangdae players and their friends sitting around talking about the show. I was wrong. Changyeol and most of the members were present, as were various staff members associated with the show, but there were also a large number of participants in the forum with no direct link to the players. The forum, only offering some drinks and snacks (not even grand snacks, just "Ode" bars and "Dr Yoo" brownies and that type of thing), occurred in a large airy building in Daehangno. The room filled with approximately 14 commenters in addition to the staff and players, and a coordinator outlined a schedule of 7 items- we would discuss overviews, good points, bad points and then at the end the players and staff would be able to open their mouths and answer questions or address the critiques they'd heard.  Two and a half hours later I left to hit the bank before it closed, but by that time I had heard enormously deep and detailed critique of every aspect of the show. I was really impressed and amazed.

In the evening I worked on the computer.


June 3rd, 2011
Karjam and I woke up and took a bus to 전주 Jeonju where we toured the 한옥마을 Hanok Village and then met Bonnie for dinner. Her husband Curtis was at a work dinner, but we caught up with him at home.

No comments: