Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back in Seoul (again)

February 1st, 2011

I had a meeting with my local dissertation support writing group:
Hyun (UCLA), Jenny (Columbia), Shannon (UPenn) and Bonnie (UW) were in attendance. Only Shannon and I had full length papers ready, we were pairs, while the other three worked together (and got to know each other).

Went to Severance Hospital where the ear doctor says I appear to be fine!

January 31st, 2011

I found out that 봉산탈춤 Bongsan Talchum class would be run as normal, so after a hectic day which involved an emergency tooth extraction (yes, my body is falling apart), I ended up (minus the tooth) at the Intangible Cultural Asset Training Center in southern Seoul, dancing yet again to Bongsan Talchum's familiar rhythm.

We had a normal class, with 원중 Wonjung, 병호 Byeongho, 정현 Jeonghyeon and 하연 Hayeon notably in attendance, as well as three new people (one of which came just before I left). We practiced the 8 dark faced monks, then 소무 Somu and the 사자춤 Lion's dance came last. All in all, it was quite good, but Wonjung may not be able to come anymore. I gave him my report on Goseong and he expressed his frustrations with his group.

No comments: