Saturday, July 2, 2011

Karjam Gets Ready to Go

June 29th, 2011
I worked on the computer and Karjam and I went out for a really good dinner then we browsed Kyobo Bookstore (and came home with a heavier bag).

June 30th, 2011
I packed a box to send to the US and Karjam packed his bags for the airplane. Sad he's leaving. Karjam also finished up some "making of" videos to thank his collaborators and as little advertising pieces for the upcoming CD. Here they are!

Making of "Counting Song" featuring Kim Yuna
Making of "Song for Tsemphel" featuring Hilary Finchum-Sung
Please visit the videos, comment and "like" them on Youtube. Thank you!

In the evening I went to Bongsan Talchum. Class was a little odd, we had three new people (one who came last week, one who came on Monday (I was absent) and one who was new today. We also had an observer who is a dance instructor at a university in Texas. Class went pretty well, we ran through the monk parts and proceeded to practice the part of the old grandmother and the 사상좌 sasangjwa. I was a little distracted though, as lots of people I don't know makes me nervous and because the really good 이수자 isuja for 적벽가 Jeokbyeokga (one of the pansori epics) was rehearsing and I love sneaking down the hall to hear him.

No comments: