Saturday, December 25, 2010

Preparing for the Final Presentation

December 23rd, 2010
For Thursday my most important activity was 봉천놀이마당 Bongcheong Noli Madang class. But it was a full day because in the morning I met my dissertation support group ladies Jenny and Alice for coffee and research talk and then I had lunch with 회정Hoijung, my wonderful and usually much too busy friend.

Cell phone photo at "Lazy Sue's Cafe"


At Bongcheon Noli Madang we were busy rehearsing for the final presentation which will be on Tuesday next week (I'll skip 상모 sangmo class, I want to do sangmo more, but for research it's better to see the Bongcheon class to the end of the class and see how everything pans out). Oddly it took me more than half the class to collect my brain and concentrate on what was going on, I was so obviously spaced out that everyone commented on it. Everyone, however, was only a class of five people including 장미이 Jang Mi'i and 김선우 Kim Seonu. Apparently the gradual and nearly complete reduction of the student population over the course of the class is normal. The course that starts from next month and runs until the end of February will be intermediate and only meet on Tuesday. The beginning class will begin again and run in March and April. This means I have only one opportunity (May and June) to practice an intermediate class with the Bongcheon people. On Friday (but for the members not for just random students) there are other classes, and of course there are 풍물 pungmul classes offered as well. After class ended, as usual, we sat down and exchanged our views on how class was going while enjoying some snacks and tea. The pants I thought were too warm two weeks ago felt like wearing a refrigerator as I waited for the bus (and the second bus after the transfer) on my way home. The temperature has plummeted.

No comments: