Friday, December 6, 2013

My Father-in-Law

Today my father-in-law, Lorae, passed away. He was a wonderful man, always calm and patient, and accepting of me and my foreignness. I shared wonderful times with him, such as on our pilgrimage to Lhasa, Nepal and India.

He passed away in pain due to advanced cancer, but surrounded by his family, at home, and after religiously preparing himself to go. I am trying not to be too sad about not getting to see him one last time, because it's not about me. I will prostrate 108 times a day through the 49 day period, in prayers for the even better rebirth he deserves. He had seen too many hard times in this life, but still stayed strong and positive, and was a wonderful example to me.

I love you Apa Lorae, and I always will.

[I will post a photo later, apparently blogger has a bug right now and I cannot upload a photo]



1 comment:

Jan Creutzenberg said...

Dear CedarBough, I send my sincerest condolences to you and your husband.